The 14th Annual Mentoring Event
What I Didn't Learn in Law School about the Path to Becoming a Judge!
June 2, 2021 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Program Chairs: Jennifer Butkus and Jacqueline Fortner
Topics: The Judicial Advisory Committee, and Integrity, Reputation & Ethics
If you have been practising law for 10 years or less, please plan to attend the 2021 Mentoring Event! This year, this program will be online via Zoom. Enjoy the delights of a local charcuterie board (hand-delivered) while learning and socializing with colleagues and mentors.
The Honourable Madam Justice Lynne Leitch will address the role of the Judicial Advisory Committee which is responsible for assessing the qualifications for appointment of the lawyers who apply. Justice Leitch chaired this committee for the south and west region until May 1, 2021.
The small group discussions will focus on ethical issues that, if handled improperly, could impact your reputation. You will have an opportunity to “switch rooms” during the program to connect with more mentors and hear different perspectives.
Mentors & Sponsors to date:
- Ryan Steiner of Beckett Personal Injury Lawyers LLP
- Bill Woodward of Dyer Brown LLP
- Mana Khami of Harrison Pensa LLP
- Tino Kasi of Kasi Law
- Joni Dobson of Legate Personal Injury Lawyers
- Yola Ventresca of Lerners LLP
- Matthew Villeneuve of McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP
- Andrew Camman of Polishuk Camman & Steele
- Jeff VanBakel of Scott Petrie LLP
- Maura Thompson of Shillington McCall LLP
- Jim Mays of Siskinds LLP
- Doug Wallace of Wallace Smith LLP
PRICING & REGISTRATION